Charlie loves his Daddy, so much so that he likes to copy anything he does. I have a feeling golf clubs will be in this boy's near future...



On another note, people often ask how the research study at Duke is going. Well, we went this past week and got a glimpse of his progress. He gets bloodwork and skin tests every four months. While I don't see the results of the bloodwork, I did notice a big decrease in the reaction on his skin. I have to say that I did gain much hope from this appointment; however, there could have been many other reasons for this mild reaction. In December Charlie will have a food challenge and we'll get to see if he was on the placebo or peanut protein. Either way, I am really glad we participated in this study...it is pretty cool to be a part of something that could benefit many children in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment